Friday, July 2, 2010

Send Me

"Send me"... it is the phrase that has run through my head, over and over since I first saw the footage of what had happened in Port Au Prince, Haiti, 6 months ago.

"Send me"...it is the prayer I've prayed every time I have heard a reference to the Haitian people or the earthquake.

-And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8-...it is the scripture I've memorized from previous mission trip experiences that has propelled me to the place I stand today.

I am honored and humbled that God would see fit to "send me", there aren't words to describe how excited I am to have this oppurtunity to go and offer hope to the people of Haiti. Since the earthquake on January 12, 2010 the faces of the Haitian people, especially the children are forever branded in my head and on my heart. The destruction, grief, loss and chaos that they have experienced is so big...and it runs so deep, but the love of our Saviour, is so much bigger. That love, I know firsthand. And to be able to go into a nation that has suffered so much and be a conduit of love and joy leaves me speechless. How I long to hold the orphanded children of Haiti and offer to them the incredible love of Jesus. This love that I speak of, is something that has changed me and it is with this same unfathomable love, that I hope & pray the people of Haiti will be transformed as well.

T-minus 8 days...watch out Haiti, here we come :) - Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment