Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Building lives for Christ is my passion

I've been on a couple mission trips in the past so when Pastor Fernando asked if I would be willing to take a team to Haiti it was an easy choice. But as I prayed about it, I felt an even stronger tug from the Lord to go. Mission trips are always life changing - we can have a huge impact as we lean on God for guidance. But mission trips also change the lives of the team members as well. I am all about building and construction - it's been my life. And building lives for Christ is my passion. This opportunity to help rebuild the structures in Haiti and also build lives at the same time is a perfect combination for me!

Recently I was privileged to go to Haiti for just a couple days to make preparations for our team's arrival. Even then I saw God's hand moving as I arrived to work with another team from New Hampshire and found out I was the only person with any construction experience. The project for the week was to build roof trusses for the assistant pastor's home and since no one else knew quite what to do, I was immediately "drafted" to be the foreman and off we went to build roof trusses and install them for two days. What a wonderful experience!

God has put together an amazing team for this project and I am confident that we will see God's hand continue to move and work in an even greater way as the team travels and gets on the ground in Haiti. Can't wait!! - Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment