Friday, July 16, 2010

DON'T EVER stop praising the Lord!

Haiti is quite an experience. I've never been on a mission like this before. There was a lot of hard work to be done but doing it together as a team has been so much fun and getting to know my team better has been such a blessing.

Yesterday, we spent the day at an orphanage and I FELL IN LOVE!!!! Every child there is absolutely beautiful, both inside and out. It was really cool to watch how the children interacted with us. Some were shy, some really outgoing and energetic. Most were so eager to play with us and help with painting their room. It was so nice to see how they worked together and loved each other. Who would have thought that God could use these young kids to help me put life into perspective.

To see the joy in the lives of the people here has changed my life forever. They experienced something so devastating yet they are all so happy. Instead of turning from God, they now praise and worship Him for all the good He has done in their lives. How often do we turn our backs from the Lord when we go through challenges? If there is only one thing I take back with me from this trip, it is no matter what I go through, no matter how tough or challenging it might be -DON'T EVER STOP PRAISING GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment