Friday, July 9, 2010

He has given strength and courage every step of the way

Since I learned how to swing a hammer and turn a wrench I had a desire to help provide shelter for those less fortunate than me. Shortly after I arrived to the island 10 years ago God spoke into my heart. I was being drawn to the organization Habitat For Humanity, but because of my work responsibilities I was not able to volunteer. In the last couple of years I have developed a closer relationship to God. My love for God has brought a greater love and respect for my neighbor. This year God has given me the opportunity to help, but as I raised my hand in faith and volunteer I am being challenged and tested. And I rejoice and welcome the hard times because I know if I keep my heart open I will be a better person for it. Some one once told me that a walk with God can sometimes be like walking up a dark staircase where you can not see the next step in front of you. You have to have the faith and trust as you raise your foot the next step will be there. That has been my walk with him since I begin. My human nature has not made it easy but he has given strength and courage every step of the way. I am amazed by his love, forgiveness, and faithfulness to me. I don't feel like I deserve it but I do not argue with him I am thankful to him. Haiti is another step in my walk. I do not know what to expect but I am excited and willing - Eddie Villasenor

No comments:

Post a Comment