Thursday, July 22, 2010

The mission isn't over just cause we are home...

Part one of many to come:

As I left Port Au Prince, Haiti, I thought to myself, John what has the Lord shown me or done through me during this mission trip. As I reflected I realized where do I start...First off this is my first time out of the country, so it completely took me out of my comfort zone from the minute we landed. It made me really rely totally on my faith alone. A lot of times in our everyday life we think we are stepping out on our faith!, but are we really? We usually step out only to a certain part, when it gets uncomfortable we can take a step back and forget about it! At home it is just so easy not to challenge ourselves or we just get in to a routine that is just the norm for ourselves...Well team and fellow brothers and sisters, like I said before. The mission isn't over just cause we are home, use the fire you have right now and further God's kingdom at home. Step out on your faith daily! Seek him daily!

But you man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, Godliness, FAITH, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of FAITH. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:11,12

From the first minute I walked off the plane I felt God stretching me in so many ways. I could feel his presence and guidance. He gave me a sense of compassion and love I never realized I had. Love and compassion for the people of Haiti, love and compassion for my brothers and sisters on the team with me, and love and compassion like never before for my family. Instantly we were as one with God. Together with the home team and the church at home I felt we were spiritually untouchable. Untouchable from the enemy! I felt as we were transformed into soldiers for the Lord!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is, his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Well gang I just got back and here I go again. Off to be reunited with the wife. I am sooooo excited! Excited to share the Love with her. Thank you God for giving me a supportive wife, a wife that loves me and will walk together with me on the road you lead us! I may not get back on the computer till the 31st. I will continue this blog as soon as I can. Love you all.

Together in Christ,

John M. Gestrich

No comments:

Post a Comment