Saturday, July 10, 2010

Life As A House

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."--C.S. Lewis

It's not really hard to imagine my life, my soul as a house. When I first asked Jesus into my heart, I knew that there would be great change because not only could I feel it, I saw it instantly. But, after over 12 years of change & remodeling, somehow, I was beginning to feel that God had taken a hiatus from His work on me. The "construction site" had seemed so silent the last couple years. I was beginning to wonder what was happening. Last year, in particular, felt like an eternity of waiting for the architect to come and tell me what the hold up was. I waited in anticipation, then waited some more, twittling my thumbs. It soon turned to anxiety. Was I doing something wrong? Did He even see me? Hear me?

Fast forward to the last several months. God met me in a prayer session late last year. Through the words of a brother in Christ, God confirmed that He saw me. He saw that I was faithfully waiting and to hold on...He WAS working, even though I couldn't see or hear Him audibly. As those words of promise filtered through my soul, I could finally see Him working again. Just because the construction wasn't as loud as it used to be, it didn't mean He wasn't around. He is working on the fine details of His palace of my life and will continue to do so until I go Home to Him.

And what do you know? One of those construction projects happen to be going to Haiti. What?!? So Cool!!! I get to go to Haiti and work with children and get dirty and get to go with an awesome team of really amazing people?!? This is hardly work at all! It is a stinkin' incredible opportunity to see, yet again, the glory and miracle of God in our lives (can you tell I'm excited?) :-P. Who would have known "construction" would be so...well, great?

Abba Father, You know just how to bless your child. You keep me on my toes but You are much too fun to stay away from. I am forever grateful. AMEN!! - Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment