Sunday, July 11, 2010

Haiti, Here Comes the Aloha!

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. ~ Proverbs 22:6

That verse that is so me! My mother and stepfather trained me to be a loving person of God from a very young age. Always happy on the outside, fun spirited and loving I was. Somewhere my path was changed and I fell away from the Lord. Inside I heard his calls to me but chose to ignore them, not for just a bit, but for a long time. Twenty- two years to be exact. My life even though was full of things, I was empty. I tried everything I could to fill that emptiness, but nothing worked. Until two years ago when my seventeen year old son said Dad, "I think you should come and check out the church I go to, I think you would like it." So I said why not! Well from the first service I knew I was on the path back home. The Lord spoke clearly and louder than ever before. He said to me " I've been waiting, come and do my work ". Since that day I raised my hand at NHDH my path has become straighter and clearer than ever before. I heard every message so clearly. To get out there and do what I was called to do, Obey the Lord. He then gave me a vision to work with the Homeless in the community, so I listened this time, and boy did he open the gates. Since then I have been doing my best to serve him. I then heard about a mission to Haiti, and that my skills could be used for this trip. I thought wow, this would be a great thing to do for God, our Church and the people of Haiti. When I heard we would be able to help children, that just touched my heart and sealed the deal.

When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these" ~ Mark 10:14

I am so grateful and so blessed to be apart of such a wonderful team and an awesome Church. I have never been out of the country and on any type of mission. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us, our families, and our church in mission field and here at home in paradise. We are so lucky to live in Hawaii. So Haiti, here comes the Aloha!

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing ~ Corinthians 13:3

Serving to Glorify Him - John M. Gestrich

No comments:

Post a Comment