Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And without FAITH it is impossible to please God

A verse that really stood out to me in today's devotions was Hebrews 11:6 And without FAITH it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

This is so true, here I am today in Haiti thousands of miles away from my home and my family. Missing them more than I could ever imagine, knowing that they may be uncertain why their father is gone. As much as I do miss them I am glad that I got this chance to test my faith and be obedient to do his work. I am here solely on the fact that I have the faith in my father Jesus Christ, the father that has shown me unconditional love, the father that has always been there for me. I have come to realize that I have nothing without faith. I am honored to have the opportunity to walk in my faith and do God's work in a land where the foundations have crumbled, but God's foundation has just begun. It is so exciting to hear from our brothers that are here in Haiti that God is sending his people here to do the work that is needed, they have gotten so much done and yet there is lots more to do. So just remember if God put's something in your heart and you get the chance to take that leap of faith, than do it. The rewards are unexplainable.

By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is /god. Hebrews 11:9,10

All for Him,

John M. Gestrich

No comments:

Post a Comment