Monday, July 12, 2010

Devotion for Monday, July 12, 2010

Scripture - So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are wait for him. Hebrews 9:28

Observation - Christ's soul purpose was to bring his lost people to himself, by him coming the first time and dying on the cross for man kinds sin. We have the opportunity for salvation for the second coming.

Application - It is so easy to forget about the basics of our faith. Jesus died on the cross for our sins so that we might be saved. At times I get all caught up in all the detail of Christianity. Am I doing the will of God? Why am I struggling with this sin over and over? I can't talk to people about Jesus my life is a mess. I am not a good example of a christian. Someone else like Uncle Mark, needs to share the gospel with them. This only brings discouragement and disappointment. Not the life God set up for us to live.

Prayer - I pray Lord for this team that they will stay focused on the simplicity of the Gospel. To walk in confidence that they have been called to serve and preach the Gospel not only with actions but with words as well. Give them the hearts to connect with one person in a way that will change both of their lives. Amen. - Aaron Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment