Sunday, August 1, 2010

By seeking Him, He will deliver!

Well I am finally home! I got to go with my family to South Dakota and see Mount Rushmore. It was a 10 plus hour drive there from Minnesota. Usually I would be frustrated during a long drive like that seeing farm after farm, but I really enjoyed it. I just felt so blessed to have the freedom we have and the beauty of America. As we drove I reflected on my life and how I used to live and where I am heading now. God has changed so much things in my life. Through this trip I feel that he has given me an overwhelming amount of grace. Grace that I can use with my family, with the ministries I serve in, and anyone that I may work with in future things that I do. Grace, Compassion, Unfailing Love, that no matter how difficult the circumstance, how awkward the situation I'm in, how hard it may be, God gives me Grace. Grace to Love how he loves! If we just do things with more Grace, our days would go so much easier!

And the child grew and became strong, he was filled with wisdom, and the Grace of God was upon him. Luke 2:40

I thought it was neat that God really showed me early in the trip that my mission work starts at home! My heart is at home. I really feel that there are so many people to help and save right in our own back yards. When we arrived at base camp, we met this group that was leaving to stay up at the orphanage, they just happened to be from a homeless shelter in L.A. called the Dream Center. Coincidence, never with God. He always has a plan before we ever know it. Well I soon found out that these guys from the dream center serve 3,500 to 4,000 there a day! How awesome is that. Right then and there I was determined to listen to the Lord and I knew that's what he wanted me to do. Build a Christian based shelter somewhere on Oahu that can help give Love and hope through Jesus Christ. We can have people come from all over the world to serve in our center. Who wouldn't want to come to Hawaii to serve Christ. Eighty percent of the program would be run by volunteers. I am so excited to get back to work in the Hearts for Homeless ministry and do the good work of the Lord. I will continue to seek the Lord for guidance in whatever I do! By seeking him, he will deliver!

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all things will be given to you as well Matthew 6:33

Thank you Jesus,

John M. Gestrich


To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, John! I love the vision that God has placed on your heart! Excited to watch it grow and develop!

    ReplyDelete