Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back to Hawaii from Haiti


Aloha everyone,

It's been way too long since my last update. September was a pretty busy month as a couple of our staff headed home for some rest. And then near the end of the month I left for a short break to see my family in Florida and my church family in Hawaii. Visited my daughter in Florida and celebrated my twin grand kids first birthday. What a great time ! My mom also visited and we had four generations at the birthday bash ! Then visited my mom for a few days at her home, and then to Hawaii to see my church family there. While in Hawaii I was able to share what God is doing in Haiti. Aaron Harris and I shared a slide show of our time in Haiti and a couple personal stories, sprinkled with a few brief comments in Creole - was so fun !! God richly blessed that time in Hawaii and a number of people said they were moved to make changes in their lives as a result of sharing about Haiti.

Thank you so very much to all my friends in Honolulu for such a wonderful time visiting a week ago. You were all such a blessing to me. I am so privileged to be part of such a wonderful family at New Hope Diamond Head. And to the many other friends outside of the NHDH family - thank you too. I love you all.

Landed back in Haiti this evening and getting right back into the work here. And so great to see my Haiti "family" and friends ! Tomorrow is church so I will be going to the tent city to pick up a bunch of friends that live there to bring them to church. Can't wait to see them !!

Blessings !!

Pastor Mark

p.s. - Next update will be very soon and bring every one up to speed on the happenings in Haiti !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment