Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm here!

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to my family. I arrived at 9:30 am this morning, got picked up by our local Haitian translator and drove to base camp. As we drove down the dirt road by the church building site, I was greeted with the view in the attached picture. If you can't see the photo very well, the logo on the top says "New Hope Diamond Head" ! What a blessing to me !! Felt just like home already. This tent is the tent that our church (thanks to Pastor Fernando) donated to the Haitian project last April, but it took until late November to get here. (things in Haiti go SLOW !!) The team here set it up in early December, but I didn't know they had received it until I arrived this morning. It's now part of the temporary church until the new one gets built and is absolutely perfect for their need right now ! God bless NHDH and Pastor Fernando for your generosity ! And I thank God for the timing to make my arrival so special and giving me the feeling of home in such a unique way !! And for those Levites among you, the local crew set the tent up pretty well ! Maybe I'll give them my Levites T-shirt !! Ha !

Have a wonderful New Year's celebration. May God richly bless you all in this coming season of your lives.

Mark





















No comments:

Post a Comment